Bile Salts by Beyond the River Sales(formerly Dew's 21st Century)
Bile Salts are are used to emulsify lipids in food passing through the intestine to enable fat digestion and absorption through the intestinal wall. Bile salts aid in the breakdown of saturated fats that the digestive system has not been able to convert into unsaturated fats. The body uses these unsaturated fats to manufacture essential vitamins and hormones. Many individuals without proper gallbladder function find it helpful to supplement with the best Bile Salts.
Bile Salts - Who Needs Bile?
Bile is produced by the liver and stored in the gallbladder. It is secreted into the duodenum (the 1st section of the small intestine). This is where bile breaks down fats and converts then into usable fatty acids which serves many functions one of which is the manufacturing of vitamins essential to our bodies. Bile plays many other important functions within the body:
- Bile emulsifies fat soluble vitamins (A, D, K & E) which improves their absorption
- Bile removes excess cholesterol
- Bile helps keep the small intestines free from micro-organisms
- Bile plays an important role in making the stool soft by promoting the addition of water into the stool
- Bile serves as a carries of toxins. The liver filters the toxins and dumps them into the bile. Bile then carries the toxins to the intestines where they are absorbed by dietary fiber and excreted.
Several factors can cause a decrease in bile production. The aging process, oral contraceptives use, prescription and non-prescription drug use, "Vital Hepatitis", and excessive alcohol consumption are a few of the more common factors.
Symptoms of low bile production may include constipation, poor digestions, gas, excess acid, headaches, and gastric or acid reflux. These may also be signs of cholestasis, a condition where the excretion of bile is inhibited. Bile excretion can be inhibited when gallstones block the duct of the gall bladder. It is estimated that 20 million people in the United States have gallstones. This has been linked to a high fat, low fiber diet. Women tend to be at a higher risk for gallstones - about 2.5 times more than men. According to the Company, if you take bile salts and your body DOES NOT need additional bile it will result in Diarrhea.
Bile Salt Extracts (432mg), Dehydrocholic Acid or Deixycholic Acid. Excipients Include: Magnesium Trisilicate, Glycerol Monostearate and Natural Gelatin Capsules.
* Note that Dews uses Ox Bile. According to the Company, within every capsules 432 mg of bile salt extract, there are 250 mg of sodium de-hydrochloric acid. The other source of bile salt is hog. Dews has elected to use Ox bile as it is chemically the most similar to human bile and does not encounter the same objections as hog bile.
Suggested Intake One Capsule Daily as a Dietary Supplement.
Note: The website www.naturalhealthcarestore.com does not provide medical advise. The site simply provides research data for informational purposes. The content included in this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding medical conditions. Statements included in this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products carried by the Natural Healthcare Store are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.